Monday, October 17, 2005

Ready to Push!

Fitness Day Monday:

It’s been 2 weeks that I’ve been going to the gym to do cardio, this week I hope to incorporate lifting weights with cardio, probably a 3 day cardio 2 day weights plan. Unfortunately I won’t be going to the gym today because we did so many stuff during the weekend, help wifey host a party, cleaned up and had contractors work on some fix it things in our house so I’m pretty well spent today.

I’ve been using the Stepper and Elliptical machines for cardio because I’m concerned about my knees, it’s a known fact that running is a high impact activity for the knees and when I’m old I wouldn’t want to have joint issues :P I have added Fish Oil (Eating Fish Delays Dementia) as daily supplement for since it’s also known to be really good for the body and also good for the brain and I’ll probably be taking flax seed oil once I start lifting too.

Last week:
Elliptical – 20 min, Elliptical – 30 min, Stepper – 40 min, Stepper – 30 min, Stepper – 40 min.

Why Lift Weights to Loose weight?
Muscles burn fats at rest, combining both low intensity and high intensity workouts does a double whammy on the fat tissues. Actually if you want to be strict with diet and exercise there’s a good program out there called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) which I used back in 2003 and was able to loose 30 lbs and gain good muscles within 5 months, check out www.bodybuilding.com for HIIT articles.
I was not able to continue my healthy lifestyle back then because of work, in early 2004 one of our supervisory manager left the group and some of his task were put on my desk, with meetings and all the stuff that came with it I was not able to continue my program which sucked. Also because it was a busy period at work too I was not able to do my routine anymore. Now I put health as a priority too since it's for my benefit long term, so whatever happens I’ll try and schedule a workout session during weekdays.
PLATE

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Interesting to read this after my class this evening. One pound of muscle takes 35-50 calories to maintain. That's what I learned tonight!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Empress Kaiserin said...

im losing weight too... i have gone meatless for almost a year... anyway, i am planning to go to the gym anytime next month! ;)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home